I fear that yesterday’s post may have given the impression that I have no “macho man” gene because I lack DIY aptitude and have no problem passing hardware stores.
Well, let me just say this: Au Contraire, mes amis!
- I have an uncontrollable urge to obtain the latest tech toys.
- When on the highway I don’t want any car in front of me.
- I can wield a TV remote with the best of them.
- I can bounce the ball and throw it into the hoop – and set a pick that will make you think you had run into a brick wall – and when I want to go to the hoop I will lower my shoulder and take off, if you want to get in my way, well that’s your problem.
- I can (and often do) watch American College Football on the tube from noon to midnight (and longer if there is still a game on).
- In the 2/3rds of my life spent living in Northern Climes I have shoveled an accumulated volume of snow that likely would reach the height of Mont Blanc – and I never wore a hat! 😉
- I am a member in good standing of the “Grin and Bear It” and “You Gotta Play With the Little Hurts” clubs. I recently checked the bottle of aspirin in my medicine cabinet and found the expiration date was four years ago.
- Although it pains me to see another person hurt and bleeding, I can watch my own blood flowing and feel nothing but annoyance over the inattention that caused it and the inconvenience that will follow.
Well, I could go on indefinitely, but I believe I’ve made my point!